Good Friday: Last Seven Words
Apr 7 | 7PM
Both in-person AND live-streamed online. Childcare (6wks–4yrs) available.
Reflect on what we know as the “last seven words of Christ” as we try to understand what Jesus went through on our behalf that Good Friday.
- “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34 NLT)
- “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:43 NIV)
- “Woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” (John 19:26-27 NIV)
- “My God, my God, why have You forsaken Me?” (Mark 15:34 NIV)
- “I thirst.” (John 19:28-29 ESV)
- “It is finished.” (John 19:30 NIV)
- “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” (Luke 23:46 NLT)
These last words of Jesus will be shared by a variety of generations. Hear these words—which are still very much alive and well—spoken and reflected through some of the family that calls UC home.