Hey guys! We’re excited that you’re interested in stepping into deeper commitment and greater leadership with Jesus. Student Servants (aka STUDs, because sometimes Student Servants takes too long to say) is a leadership and discipleship opportunity, taking your faith and role at EPIC a step deeper.
The heart behind being a Student Servant is a commitment to taking your relationship with God seriously – to wrestling with God, knowing His word, daring to get creative and sacrificial in following Him – and tapping into the power, love and self-control God gives you to lead.
We’re so excited to grow with you in this! We believe being a disciple is a big deal, and the biggest thing that qualifies you (besides God’s grace) is you being willing. Willing to grow. Willing to step beyond your comfort zone. Willing to be challenged. Willing to lead. And most of all, willing to fall more in love with Jesus as you do.
Who is STUDs for?
- Current HS juniors & seniors involved at EPIC who are teachable, following Jesus, and willing to put in the time to grow personally and lead in the spaces God is calling you to.
- You to be present (at meetings, HS EPIC, other events, etc.) as often as possible. This probably means being wise with how you schedule homework, hanging out with friends, and other priorities, to make coming possible.
- You to take initiative in being a leader – not just with MS students on Wednesdays, but with other high schoolers on Sundays.
- You to hold yourself, in & outside of this place, to a standard and “in a manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus” (Phil 1:27).
- You to be honest. We want your feedback on what you’re loving, what you don’t see but would love to, ideas you have, etc. We also want to know how you’re doing! No one leads in a vacuum – we know there’s a lot going on in your life outside of this place. We’re here for you.
WE DON’T EXPECT:
- You to be perfect or have all the answers.
- You to show up at everything, all the time. We know you’re busy! Part of being a leader and of growth in Christ is taking intentional time to rest.